The Los Angeles Book Festival will consider self-published or independent publisher non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography, children's books, young adult, how-to, cookbooks, science fiction, business, spiritual, photography/art, poetry, foreign language, romance and mysteries published on or after Jan. 1, 2007.
Our grand prize for the 2010 Los Angeles Book Festival Book of the Year is $1500 cash and a flight to the awards ceremony in February.
Submitted works will be judged by a publishing panel using the following criteria:
- General excellence and the author's passion for telling a good story.
- The potential of the work to reach a larger audience.
| || |
- Los Angeles Book Festival Author of the Year-Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
- Los Angeles Book Festival Book Design of the Year --- Honors outstanding and innovative design.
- Los Angeles Book Festival Independent Publisher of the Year-Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.