The dictionary atop your shelf has more than 200,000 words defined. Why don’t you blow off some of the dust on its cover and randomly pick out 10 words?
Don’t look at the meanings; just concentrate on the words. Write down your chosen words on a blank sheet of paper. Now, you’re going to have fun creating meanings for those words.
What do the words make you think of? What do you think should they mean?
(Get other writing prompts at http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/#)
- Craven – The leader of the Raven race. A magical being half bird, half man.
- Fixation – A mental state in which you can posses someone’s mind.
- Hummock – An herb used in potions.
Paradise– An altered reality. Clean. Pure.
- Diversely – A deep underwater world.
- Brassiere – Leader of the human race.
– Magical kingdom. Place where wizards live. Astrakhan
- Postal – Crazy person. Lack of mind.
- Superstition – Magically enhanced physical strength.
- Unitarian – Human slaves of the unicorns.