created WriteSparks!- a software that generates over 10 *million* Story Sparkers for Writers.
1. It was Erica Jong who said, "If you don't risk anything, you risk more." Write about what this means to you.
2. You come home and check your phone messages. You get your third message and freeze. Begin from there.
3. It was Herman Melville who said, "We become sad in the first place because we have nothing stirring to do." Write about what stirs you.
4. This dialogue must appear somewhere in your story: "You know what else her husband doesn't know?"
5. Use any or all of the following in a short narrative or poem: "as dense as a London fog," "a slate of solace," "like oil and water," "wound the clock," and "receding as you please."
6. Christina Cruz and Scott Peters meet after a failed experiment. One of them is seeking revenge. Write their story based on this quick plot: "patient turns murderous after a near-death experience."
7. Recall and write about a time you did something wholeheartedly.