Sunday, October 9, 2011

Writers On The Move: Writing the Second Book: Is it Easier?

Writers On The Move: Writing the Second Book: Is it Easier?: Ten years ago, if someone had told me I would have two books published by now, I would’ve laughed—longingly of course. My first novel, Cowgirl Dreams, was released in December 2008, almost ten years after I started writing it. The sequel, Follow the Dream, came out two years later. People say to me, “The second book must be a lot easier than the first one, right?” Well, yes and no. I guess I could say that I cheated, in a way. I wrote the two books as one long book to begin with. But when I began researching publishers, I found that the word count for the “western” genre was generally shorter. It just happened that I found a place in about the middle where I thought it could be easily divided. But then I had to make sure the second book could stand alone and fill in some of the back story without resorting to the old “telling” versus “showing.” Read more here http://www.writersonthemove.com/2011/10/writing-second-book-is-it-easier.html

No comments:

Post a Comment