Amazon is designed to help you sell more books. Each product page is packed with features to make it as easy as possible for a customer to buy your book. Here's a few Amazon optimization musts to get your product page looking it's best:
- Make sure you have a quality looking cover. It should be clear, professional and convey the genre and feel of your book.
- Have a great product description. This is your sales pitch to potential buyers. What's your book about and why will it benefit them.
- Collect book reviews. Which book would you buy, one with no customer comments or one with several 5 star reviews?
- Add tags to your product pages. These are the keywords that will help your book show up in search results.
- Use Shelfari to add value to your book. Shelfari is owned by Amazon and so directly effects the information that shows on your product page. I'm still new to it but it's definitely worth checking out.
- Check out the KDP Select program. This is one of the features offered by Amazon that gives you several ways to promote the Kindle edition of your book. For more details see https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=A6KILDRNSCOBA
- Link your print and Kindle editions. If your book is available in different formats, make sure you link them so that customers have all options clear to them whilst browsing.
- Sign up for the Amazon Look Inside the Book program. It's free and gives potential customers a sneak peak at your product. Benefits include making your book show up better in search results and allowing for 1-click purchasing.
- Set up your author page on Author Central. Not only can you personalise the url to the page but you can also feed your latest blog posts and share other information too.
The more information you can supply potential customers with about your book and yourself, the better.
Jo Linsdell is the author and illustrator of the rhyming children's picture book OUT AND ABOUT AT THE ZOO. Find out more about her at www.JoLinsdell.com