So my advice to you today if you want to start down the road of becoming a writer...The Time to Start Writing is Now!
- Why are the characters doing what they are doing?
- Can you find something in the picture that suggests a problem?
- What do the other details in the picture suggest about the setting, the time, the events, etc?
- What might you infer about the character respective moods and personalities? Their relationship to each other?
- Read your story aloud—what you hear in your head is very different from what you’ll hear when your story is read aloud.
- Does the story proceed logically from beginning to middle to end?
- Is there a problem or conflict in the story—a challenge for your main character to meet?
- Have you included dialogue?
- Is there a clear sense of the story’s time and place?
- Is the story within the word count for your readership? (You can be over by 10 percent.)
- Does it read well aloud?
- Have you given it a title?
The Writing Mama blog http://thewritingmama.blogspot.com
Blog Talk Radio's World of Ink Network